This deep imaskari revision focuses on their desire to remain hidden, elusive and secretive, both by practice and successive alterations to their physiology over time. They've also been given a penchant for being more self-sufficient, due to having fewer practitioners of divine magic to rely upon within their private, less diverse communities. Their previous Spell Clutch racial feature could only be used by spellcasters with spell slots, so I replaced it with a feature that works for characters regardless of their chosen class levels.
DEEP IMASKARI (link)
DEEP IMASKARI (link)
- Humanoid (Human): Despite their marble and granite skin tones, deep imaskari are humanoids with the human subtype.
- +2 Intelligence, –2 Dexterity: Deep Imaskari are bright and quick to learn arcane lore, but they lack the balance and agility of most other humanoid races.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, deep imaskari have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Deep imaskari base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Deep imaskari can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Nondetection (Su): Deep imaskari have a continuous nondetection ability, as if each of them had cast the spell upon him or herself, as a wizard with an effective caster level equal to their Hit Dice.
- +4 racial bonus on saving throws against divination and mind-affecting spells and effects, as well as any others that might affect one or more mental ability scores, those that offer control of the subject's actions, and those that provide information from or about the subject.
- +2 racial bonus on Hide checks, which improves to +4 underground.
- +2 racial bonus on Escape Artist, Heal, Move Silently and Survival checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Roushoum. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Terran, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass deep imaskari's wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
Deep Imaskari Height:
[ 4'10" ][ +2d10" ] (Male)
[ 4'5" ][ +2d10" ] (Female)
Deep Imaskari Weight:
[ 120 lbs. ][ +1d6 lbs. for each additional inch rolled ] (Male)
[ 85 lbs. ][ +1d6 lbs. for each additional inch rolled ] (Female)
Deep Imaskari age according to the following progression (in years):
Adult @ 20 // Middle Aged @ 60 // Old @ 120 // Venerable @ 200 // Maximum Age +4d%