The nord are a type of human found primarily on the world of Caledon, and are currently the dominant race within the Caledonian Empire. While they have many similarities with normal humans, there are some distinct differences. The nord stand between 6' to 8' tall, have pale blue markings over most of their bodies, and are highly gifted in magic. The nord however prefer the warrior skills to magic, and few nord are known to focus solely on magic. They are natural warriors, and because of this warrior nature, they retain their youthful appearance their entire lives, only showing aging when they are advanced in age. Another difference in the nord from normal humans is their lifespan. While humans can live a little over 100 years in an advanced society, the nord have been known to reach ages of 600 years. Not even the nord themselves know their true lifespan, as most nord die between their fourth and fifth centuries of life. This is caused mainly by condition that is common for all nord, and it is known as the Warrior's Fate. When this condition occurs, affected nord disappear into the most dangerous regions of the planet their own, and very few are heard from again. It has been speculated that the longing to revisit past glories drives them to seek untold perils, and this is one reason why the nord are fewer in number than typical humans.
- Humanoid (Human): Despite their extraordinary stature and improved faculties, nord are humanoids with the human subtype.
- +6 Strength, -2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, nord have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Nord base land speed is 40 feet.
- Weapon Group Proficiency: Nord are proficient with any one group of weapons in addition to any others.
- Powerful Build (Ex): The physical stature of nord lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a nord is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the nord is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A nord is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A nord can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category.
- Nord are immune to all disease, including supernatural disease.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass nord takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
[ 6'4" ][ +2d10" ] (Male)
[ 6'4" ][ +2d10" ] (Male)
[ 6'0" ][ +2d10" ] (Female)
[ 210 lbs. ][ *2d4 lbs. ] (Male)
[ 170 lbs. ][ *2d4 lbs. ] (Female)
Nord age according to the following progression (in years):
Adult @ 15 // Middle Aged @ 200 // Old @ 300 // Venerable @ 400 // Maximum Age +2d%
Nord Racial and Regional Feats:
Ancestral Knowledge (Ros 136), Battle Hardened (RoS 137), Blooded (PGtF 35), Bullheaded (PGtF 37), Dreadful Wrath (PGtF 38), Fearless (PGtF 38), Lightbringer (RoF 166), Strong Soul (PGtF 44), Tireless (PGtF 46)