The scouting probes most commonly employed by the futuristic version of the imaskari enclaves (index) are sleek segmented non-reflective cermet ovoids, three feet long and two feet wide, covered in various recessed sensors set behind transparent ceramic lenses, further protected by cermet armored iris apertures.
- These droids are considered objects, and are placed under the effect of hardening (SpC 109), augment object (SBG) and nondetection (PH) as often as can be arranged.
- Their effective size is Small, with effective Strength and Dexterity scores of 22. Wind speeds and water currents affect scouting probes as if they were three sizes larger than they actually are.
- Cermet matrix armor plating.
- Typically sealed against extreme and hostile environments.
- Electromagnetic, temperature and radioactivity resistant insulation.
- Inertial surplus converters.
- When active, a minor Alcubierre drive on each probe, surround it in a field that warps and wrinkles the fabric of space in the direction of travel. This reduces the actual distance it needs to cover to reach a given destination, without increasing the probe's actual velocity beyond that provided by its engines.
- Miniaturized induction engines on each probe, provide it with swift and silent propulsion through the manipulation of artificial gravity.
- A compact advanced sensor array includes among other things, hi-res video and audio, electromagnetic sensors, spectroanalyzers, multiphase radar, mass detectors, piercing visors and biomed scanners.
- Each probe includes EMP-shielded AI core processors, data drives and restoration systems, with hack-defense encryption and wipe protocols.
- Each probe derives power from an EMP-shielded system that includes supercapacitor arrays composed of carbon-nanotube papers, recharged from energy produced by a miniaturized particle fusion reactor.
- A compact ansible and various transceivers facilitate communications between the probe and other devices, while a compact holocom device can both record and display both visual and auditory content for face to face interactions.
- Cloaking screens warp light and energy about the probes, rendering them invisible to sight and most other sensors, or at least harder to notice, locate or identify.
These devices could also be thought of as a swift flying egg-shaped R2D2 or C3P0 droids, except they only sense, analyze, translate, network and communicate, while remaining as stealthy as possible.