Selectively bred and manipulated using shamanistic magic over countless generations by their own cutthroat meritocratic warrior culture, the isolated humans of Ardotia have only recently been discovered and programmed into service by more technologically advanced and magically adept cultures.
- Humanoid (Human): Ardotians appear very much the same as typical humans.
- +4 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, ardotians have no special bonuses or penalties
- Ardotian base land speed is 50 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: An ardotian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Darkvision: Ardotians can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and ardotians can function just fine with no light at all.
- Weapon Group Proficiency: Ardotians are proficient with any one group of weapons in addition to any others.
- +1 racial bonus to natural armor.
- +2 racial bonus on Intimidate checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Ardotian.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass ardotian’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty.
- Level Adjustment: +2.
Ardotian Racial and Regional Feats:
Battle Hardened (RoS 137)